Restaurants and Bars
Gatineau’s downtown core offers a very interesting selection of restaurants!
If you are looking for ideas on where to go dine on nights of the event, check out the list of bars and restaurants on-board with the Sound of Light fun by creating cocktails and menus inspired by our event and competitors.
Great food, lots of parking and within walking distance to the fireworks… it’s everything you need for the perfect evening!
Culture and Leisure
Gatineau-Ottawa Area and the Outaouais have tons of stuff to keep you busy.
Here are a few suggestions for you :
– Don’t forget to visit the Casino du Lac-Leamy, with its bars and restaurants
– You love Museums? You’re in the right place as we have more Museums here than any other place in the country! And don’t forget that you can visit both the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum for a special price!
– Don’t miss Spectacle de son et lumière ! This free bilingual show is presented nightly on Parliament Hill.
Mosaika is the story of Canada – our story. A powerful narrative takes you on an unforgettable journey of sound and light, as we explore Canada’s physical, historical and cultural landscapes.
July 10 through September 12 at 10 p.m. in July, at 9:30 p.m. in August and at 9 p.m. in September.
If this is your first visit here, welcome home!
And if you’re back for more, thank you for giving us the opportunity to seduce you all over again.
If you’d like to find lodging options, please visit our Vacation Packages page, where you’ll be able to start looking for the best option for you!
And for more ideas on what to do before or after your visit at the Sound of Light visit the Outaouais Tourism site, THE reference on everything Outaouais related!
Because here, we’re #OutaouaisFun!
If you are looking for different way to get around the city or to get to the event, don’t forget to consider :
- Au feel de l’eau – Water taxi service : A unique and green way to get around on the Ottawa River
- Lady Dive Tours – Your guide tour of the city in the only amphibian vehicle of its kind